Safety in the workplace is a constant commitment and one of the top priorities for Applus+.
For this reason, the company celebrates on a global and annual basis the Safety Day, an internal event for employees and dedicated to Safety in which all Applus+ professionals talk, share and learn about occupational risk prevention through activities, training and workshops. Its main objective is educating and raising awareness of the importance that our actions have over our own safety and that of our colleagues.
Last edition, following the slogan "Keeping us Safe
" and under the Applus+ 11 Golden Safety Rules
umbrella, employees worked and delved into aspects especially influencing each Division. These 11 rules are a set of guidelines to mitigate or eliminate the risks associated with the 11 activities that historically have had a higher number of incidents or more serious injuries and that strengthen our knowledge on prevention.
They are based on these 5 principles:
- Everyone has a responsibility to themselves and others to act and work safely
- Carefully planned work will prevent unsafe situations
- Learning from our experience will improve our HS performance
- Support of our principles by suppliers and subcontractors will assist us in improving our standards
- Empowering all employees and contractors to stop unsafe acts will reduce incidents and personal injury
These rules are part of the Applus+ HS Management System when conducting any work on behalf of Applus+.
During the Safety Day, all countries follow the same program, whose objective is that it can be adapted to any country and market. Applus+ is currently working on the design of the Safety Day program for the next edition, which will take place during the month of October 2016.