Applus+ Energy & Industry, through Applus+ Norcontrol Chile, has been recognized as one of the five safest companies in the country by the Chilean Safety Association (ACHS) after a rigorous selection process carried out together with The Campbell Institute (an organization belonging the National Safety Council in the United States) and taking the methodology of the "Campbell Award" as a reference.
This award, given annually by the ACHS, recognizes companies that, being aware of the importance of their employees’ safety and health, have developed an optimal internal safety management plan in accordance with standard indicators accepted by the market:
- Seriousness rate
- Incidence rate
- Frequency rate
- Severity rate
- Accident rate: temporary disabilities
- Accident rate: disability and death
- Accident rate
- Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) incidents
- OSH reclamations
- Speed control
The checks carried out by the Chilean Safety Association, the Carlos Vial Foundation and the Catholic University, demonstrate the compliance with the different evaluation criteria. In this sense, Norcontrol Chile stands out due to:
- The management of unsafe conditions and actions (e.g. speeding) and incidents (accidents and near misses).
- The tracking of hazard identification, risk assessment and implementation of control measures in projects through the Cmas Plan and the respective contract indicators.
- The promotion of training in Occupational Safety and Health, visible leadership activities, campaigns, messages and monthly bulletins.
- The standardization of job positions to take into account the postural hygiene.
The aim of these awards is to establish in companies a safety culture that ensures the physical integrity, health and quality of life for all employees. The companies applying for this award carry out a self-evaluation of their safety and health management at work, compare their best practices with those of its peers and receive feedback from experts in the field.
Winners have the opportunity to attend one of the largest global summits on prevention and safety, the Safety in Action Conference 2016 to be held in Nashville, Tennessee, United States.