The Applus+ Energy & Industry team in Singapore has successfully completed its 150th rig audit. Rig inspections, also known as rig audits, are conducted on drilling assets for both drilling contractors and drilling operators to assess the condition of an asset. Inspections are conducted to industry standards, such as API, as well as to specific client requirements.
Applus+ is able to provide clients with a detailed understanding of a rig’s readiness and capability prior to either a contract award or deployment by covering all main areas of a rig’s capability to operate. These include marine, drilling and well control equipment; mud, electrical, safety, maintenance, and power plant systems; spares inventory; personnel competency; and contract compliance.
The experienced auditors at Applus+ have an average of over 35 years of drilling industry experience. The team includes specialists in electrical, mechanical, BOP and HSE audits, who are able to provide in-depth detailed reports along with recommendations and guidance for appropriate close out action. With their experience and skill set, they are not only able to identify instances of non-conformance, but can also offer invaluable guidance and solutions to Applus+ clients, frequently providing constructive feedback rather than simply finding fault.
By engaging Applus+ rig-inspection, auditing and commissioning services, clients limit their operations’ health, safety and environmental risks. Other benefits include:
- Avoidance of unnecessary accidents which might cause damage to personnel, equipment or the environment
- Early detection of problems with equipment or systems, or discrepancies in meeting the required specifications, thus preventing project delays and avoiding start-up problems.
- Identification of any potentially explosive equipment that is unsafe for the area in which it has been installed.
- Identification of equipment that is due for major overhaul/recertification or for which certification has already expired.
- Identification and rectification of all potential problems prior to the installation leaving the shipyard.
- Avoidance of costly guarantee claims for asset owners when expensive corrective action is required at an offshore location.
- Avoidance of costly downtime as a result of equipment failure.
In January 2020, Applus+ in Singapore was awarded a further 5 rig inspections for pre-rig acceptance, a service which will give our clients peace of mind and assurance.