Applus+ embraces the Global Compact which includes the seven Principles for the Empowerment of Women
The company is adopting the United Nations initiative which is aimed at empowering women in the workplace. The seven key points which the Global Compact advocates are:
- The promotion of gender equality by leadership at the highest level.
- Treating all men and women fairly at work – respecting and defending human rights and non-discrimination.
- Ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all workers, both men and women.
- Promoting the education, training and professional development of women.
- Implementing practices of business development, supply chain management and marketing which favour the empowerment of women.
- Promoting equality through community initiatives.
- Evaluating and publishing progress which has been made towards gender equality.