THE Applus+ SOLUTION
Applus+ in Australia have designed and developed a variety of non-hydraulic, universal, automated inspection scanners to perform a variety of non-destructive testing (NDT) services subsea at depths of up to 2500m.
Our scanners produce inspection resolutions of 1.0mm on both X and Y axes. These Applus+ scanners also contain a platform that allows a number of inspection methods to be used, such as integrated cleaning, ultra-high resolution A, B and C-scans, time of flight, visual inspection, laser inspection, ACFM, or a combination of inspection tools through the use of custom-built NDT systems. All designs are light, easy and practical to install internally or externally either by diver or simple ROV hook-up with most ROV suppliers.
Above and beyond our existing off-the-shelf solutions, Applus+ custom builds a variety of subsea NDT scanners, consulting closely with the client from start the finish.
To make the maximum contribution to the productivity, quality and safety of client installations, Applus+ combines the advantages of tried-and-tested techniques, today’s most advanced technologies and the experience and expertise of its teams of dedicated specialists and then tailors all of this to the specific needs of every client. The result is a partnership for success, both for today and for the future.
Importantly, Applus+ can also call upon extensive in-house expertise and resources for advanced inspection and conventional NDT, providing a total capability for management of plant integrity. Applus+, in collaboration with our local and international partners, has extensive experience in the provision of these services to a wide range of industries.
Clients who partner with Applus+ for their subsea inspections benefit from:
- Safe, high-quality, rapid inspections
- A clear client focus
- Fully automated, remotely operated tooling systems, capable of simultaneous cleaning and inspection to 0.2mm accuracy for wall-thickness and defect sizing
- Cost-effective and high-quality inspection options
- High-resolution results
- Through-coating inspection
- Full interactive 3D scan plans
- 3D mapping during the reporting stage
- Accurate location of flaws
- Real-time results
- In-house calibrations, validations, factory acceptance tests and project-specific procedures
- 3D printing of assets
- Automatic reporting capabilities
- Windows software for ease of operation and compatibility with other Windows applications
- Access to depths of up to 2500m