THE Applus+ SOLUTION
Ultrasonic testing uses high-frequency sound energy to perform examinations and make measurements. Ultrasonic testing may be used for dimensional measurements, thickness, material characterisation, flaw detection, and more.
Multiple advances in ultrasonics have taken place in recent times, evolving from the conventional thickness application to the use of more advanced methods encompassing various modes. At Applus, large efforts are employed to develop new applications and technologies surrounding ultrasonics as a whole, while staying abreast to current industry practices and methods.
Applus+ has developed a series of industry-leading technologies for the following key applications:
- RTD Vessel Scan: for weld inspections in pressure vessels
- RTD RotoScan: for butt-weld inspections in new pipes
- Beetle: for wall inspections in storage tanks
- Mapscan: for semi-automatic corrosion mapping around difficult geometries
- RTD LNG Scan: for weld inspections in large-grain materials
- Lorus: for corrosion and flaw screening in difficult to access areas, such as support contact areas and tank floors.
- RTD IWEX: an innovative, new, full volume, precision inspection technology
- EMAT: for corrosion screening and thickness measurements through coatings or at high temperature
- PIT: Pipeline Inspection Tool for unpiggable pipelines, adjustable for every challenge
Other ultrasonic testing solutions include time-of-flight diffraction (TOFD), guided-wave ultrasonics and ultrasonic phased array, among others, and these are fast becoming the industry standard in today's ultrasonic testing environment.