Within the framework of the 20th anniversary of the European Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS), the European Commission has decided to award the Bronze recognition to organizations with more than five years of continuous EMAS registration.
Applus+ Norcontrol and Novotec Consultores, adhered to the register since 2009 in the Sada office (A Coruña, Spain), are among the award winning companies.
The requirements for the implementation and verification of EMAS recognition are outlined in the regulation for the voluntary participation of companies, included in an eco-management and audit scheme
- Having an Environmental Management System implemented. EMAS recognizes ISO14001 implementation.
- Developing an environmental statement on an annual basis.
- Receiving the validation of the environmental statement by an accredited environmental verifier. Applus+ Norcontrol and Novotec in Sada's office are audited every year since 2009.
- Meeting other requirements of the Regulation (EC) No. 1221/2009.
At the core of this quality and sustainability policy is the promotion of continuous improvement in a safe and sustainable environment, based on:
- The orientation towards sustainable value creation
- Efficiency and excellence in internal management, developing and implementing an integrated quality and sustainability management system
- Giving priority to a preventive approach in the development of safety and health processes in the workplace Measures to reduce environmental damage caused by one’s own activities and those of suppliers and contractors
- Promoting innovation
- Collaboration with customers and suppliers
Our environmental management system
The consideration of the environmental variable in the management of Applus+ passes through the definition and implementation of a management system in line with the UNE-EN ISO 14001 and the European Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) regulation, integrated with the requirements of the quality management and risk prevention systems in the Applus+ Quality and Sustainability System.
This method is designed to ensure the implementation of the commitment to continuous improvement, establishing processes and resources needed to manage quality, environment and prevention of occupational hazards, also defining its structure and relationships. It is the instrument used to implement the Applus+ Quality and Sustainability policy and to ensure the achievement of its objectives.
In addition, there is a software application (QA+) which enables to automate and accelerate the system’s processes development.
Our environmental aspects
The environmental aspects of Applus+ Norcontrol and Novotec are determined by the activities, products and services provided, including the maintenance of facilities and tools/equipment used to perform the work, as well as those resulting from potential incidents, accidents and emergency situations.
Applus+ is committed to achieving continuous improvement in its environmental performance. To do this, environmental objectives and targets have been defined and included in the Environmental Management Program, covering issues such as reducing power consumption
, recycling and reducing consumption of paper, or the training and awareness-raising through online courses.