The Applus+ Australia Technology Centre has recently further developed its laser mapping capabilities, where it can now offer full Laser profile mapping solutions to an accuracy of 0.1mm.
Laser Mapping can be carried out on both external and internal surfaces, gathering material surface data, giving information on characteristics such as weld profiles or corrosion pitting.
A Line laser is used to capture point cloud information, which can then be further processed to build a representation of an asset's surface condition.
unit itself is handheld and mobile meaning it can be deployed by rope access technicians, with a distance of up to 75m between the Laser and the data collection unit.
- Scan Resolution of 0.1mm x 0.1mm x 0.1mm
- Scan single strips of 30mm x 500+mm (multiple strips can by merged together).
- Rope Access deployable, laser operator and data collection unit can be up to 75m apart.
- Results can be presented in both 2D and 3D.
- Both external and internal mapping options available.