Feasibility study for supply of drinking water and sanitation services
Cliente: Ministerio de Economía de España
The carrying out of feasibility studies with a view to providing water and sanitation services to the Ecuadorian municipalities of Saraguro, Azogues, Macas and Gualaquiza and subsequent identification of the most appropriate solutions. These studies are being financed through the Government of Spain’s feasibility study fund (FEV), specifically the Development Aid Fund (FAD) underwritten by the Spanish and Ecuadorian governments.
- Visiting the municipalities in question in order to collect data on existing facilities, identify current issues, conduct fieldwork on potential solutions, etc.
- Conducting a study of alternatives for the design of the four municipalities’ water and sanitation systems as well as an environmental study.
- Assessment of the status quo and proposing of alternatives.
- Predesign of the alternatives.
- Multicriteria analysis.
- Comparative environmental assessment of the alternatives.
- Selection of the most appropriate solutions.
- Development of blueprints and environmental studies for the chosen solutions for supplying drinking water and waste water to each of the municipalities in question.
- Drawing up of contract specifications for production of the final designs and/or the ensuing construction work.