Access to insulated pipes is no longer a concern with RTD INCOTEST™ technology.
RTD INCOTEST™ is a fast, accurate and reliable way of surveying ferrous pipes and vessels through their thermal insulation. RTD INCOTEST does not disturb insulation or coatings and provides accurate results through aluminum, stainless or galvanized steel claddings. Further, insulation may be hot, cold, wet, rough, encrusted, irregular, heterogeneous, or even wire mesh. Through its excellent repeatability, RTD INCOTEST is ideally suited for baseline and periodic monitoring services.
RTD INCOTEST provides a reliable solution for a variety of applications:
- Survey capability of up to 1,000 points per day depending on accessibility
- Operation in temperatures from -150° F to 930° F
- Constant operation of up to 8 hours with a single battery pack
- System transducer may be located up to 328 feet from the base unit
- Provides computed thickness readings within 2 to 24 seconds depending on wall thickness
- High levels of reproducibility +/- 2%
- Measures through any non-conductive and non-magnetic material such as insulation concrete or fire retarder up to 4" thick and up to 6" when pipe or vessel wall thickness is less than 0.5"
RTD INCOTEST provides a reliable solution for a variety of applications.
- Enables the detection of CUI (Corrosion Under Insulation) and FAC (Flow Accelerated Corrosion)
- Riser average wall thickness can be gauged without removing marine growth, neoprene or Monel
- Non-contact "dry" wall thickness measurements can be carried out with dirty, coated, rough and/or high temperature objects
- Operation is possible across a wide range of climatic conditions with consistently high levels of reproducibility
- Measuring through any non-conductive or non-magnetic material, RTD INCOTEST detects and calculates average general levels of corrosion or erosion and provides an instant on site report in a measuring matrix format
RTD INCOTEST™ Subsea
A pioneering tool for the ROV deep water inspection of non-piggable pipelines, called RTD INCOTEST™ Subsea, is proving to be a more cost-effective, faster and a safer way to detect corrosion. Through a new partnership between Applus RTD and Delta SubSea, this new one-of–a-kind deep water tool is being introduced in the marketplace. The Applus RTD INCOTEST tool uses Pulsed Eddy Current
testing to detect external and internal corrosion/erosion in thin and thick-walled pipelines and vessels.