To ensure the correct use of a material and maintain quality in construction, manufacturers must evaluate their product's properties and follow a suitable quality control plan.
For each product and specific use, national and international standards have been established that specify the requirements and the mechanical, durability, physical and chemical properties that are applicable to them.
Applus+ Laboratories performs full construction material characterization studies and works with manufacturers to develop detailed quality control plans for their products. Our service covers:
- Identifying materials, uses and applicable regulations.
- Customized test plans definition and execution
- Test report issuing and improvement plans
- Supporting new product development
Our technical teams carry out the tests defined in standard or customized tests adapted to each product and project.
We characterize the following groups of products, among others:
- Aggregates: Abrasion, absorption, density, hardness, grain size, susceptibility to frost, agglomerates adherence, chlorides, sulfates, magnesium, chemical attacks.
- Natural Stone: Absorption, density, porosity, petrography, hardness, composition, chemical attacks.
- Bituminous mixtures: Marshall, compaction, porosity, void content.
- Cements, limes and plasters: Setting, expansion, chemical composition.
- Uncured concrete, precasts, additives: Density, porosity, absorption, pH, chloride, IR, composition, alkalis.
- Wood: structural, cladding and boards: Density, moisture content, visual grading, thickness swelling, water vapor permeability, thermal conductivity, hazardous substance content.
- Thermal insulating: Thickness, density, water absorption, resistance after cycles.
- Sheets and panels: Dimensions, density, water absorption, surface hardness.
- Suspended ceilings and profiles: Geometry, yield strength, degree of protection.
- Bricklaying and ceramic products: Geometry, % of voids, density, water absorption, efflorescence, susceptibility to frost, adherence, active salts.
- Paints and finishes: Density, viscosity, adherence, permeability, color durability, cracking.
We have a large number of proven, quality accredited laboratories to tests construction products.
Our testing capabilities allow us to fully characterize the products using numerous technologies (mechanical, acoustic, and thermal behavior, reaction to fire, physical-chemical characterization of materials, etc.), thus adjusting the time and costs needed to characterize your product.
Applus+ Laboratories has the required notifications and acknowledgments needed to issue certificates of conformity for access to the major international markets:
- CE marking
- UL (America)
- CCC and CQC (China)
- GOST-R (Russia)
- SASO (Saudi Arabia)
- Other international certifications
- Increase the product's reliability by detecting latent defects
- Improve your product's quality, and lower, among others, the costs for non-quality, post-sale incidents, etc.
- Applus+, one stop shop for your product's full characterization and validation.